Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Snack Time!

Abby-boo was idling in her Graco Entertainer today and complaining a little. She doesn't like sitting and lying around much nowadays and will take any chance to roll or try to stand up while holding on to us. Being quite new to this, she's yet succeed much.

I gave her a baby bikkie which is shaped just nice for her little grasp. For the first time, she showed interest in it and actually started to gnaw somewhat determinely at it. I went to clear up some of her mess and returned to half a bikkie, still tightly clenched in her vise grip. She gave me lots of gummy smiles and chattered approvingly on the delectable snack she has in her little fist. Then the little flirt, oh so at peace with the world now, spent long minutes gazing at her own face on the mirror installed in the Graco unit, studying intently the crumbs and damn bikkie bits which are by now all over her cheeks.

I asked for a bite and Abby offered me her partly-mushed up bikkie and smiled most happily at our shared interest. I was surprised she understood what I wanted and that she actually offered me the biscuit in her hand. Just to confirm, I asked Hubs to do the same. To our amazement she offered to feed him as well.

The more interesting part is yet to come. After a few repeated requests from us her response changed. Abby-boo started to ignore her daddy and stopped offering him her biscuit. Daddy exclaimed in disbelief!

However when I tried, Abby-boo dutifully feed the thing into my mouth.

Poor daddy!

"No more buying toys for you!"

LOL !

No comments: