Sunday, October 31, 2004

Charging up like a Creaky Ol' Battery

Wow, Keat's mom gave me a red packet containing 100 bucks for my belated birthday. Don't you love a person who push money into your palms? XD But yes, she's the best.

Hm..what did my mom give me? SHe did call up to wish me a happy birthday...or I think that was my dad. Waitaminute, she did not give me anything. But heck, who the hell care about these things. She put me through college and that's enough! :D I think birthdays are times where you have an excuse to treat your parent lavishly for their hardwork bringing you out and up in this world. Heh, bet the part of "creating" me wasn't hard. :p

Oh so it's Sunday and why am I posting? I'm posting cuz there'll be some delay in the page. Can only start working on it tonight as I'm outstation. Well, lucky for me it's a public holiday on Monday. Friday and Monday holidays rocks! I can do so much during long weekends.

If you've got time to burn, check these webcomics out. THey're deeelicious. I've been spending the whole of yesterday destressing; reading webcomics, playing BeTrapped, and eating. Feel great today. :)

Alpha-Shade
Awesome site, great art, great writing and most gorgeous clouds I've ever seen. Lots of female protagonists in a war story.

Monica Furious
Lots of booby action. This guy's awesome with a pencil and with inks. Story is pretty fast with lots of very good character designs. I love how he does the punks. Post-apocalyspe tokyo. And make sure to check out his galleries too if you're into white round asses in tight leather. :-p Looking at his stuff just makes me want to do him a ultra sexy fanart.

Giant in the Playground
This is a stickmen comic and it's hilarious like hell. You might not get it if you're not familiar with D&D stuff though. Simplistic and cheeky. I certainly wish there's a bigger archive to go through. Couldn't get enough.

I'm mostly attracted to the art before I decide to read a webcomic or not. It's pretty hard to convince me to start with one unless it has a huge archive and is still going strong. THat's a sign of a good storyline. :D

I wonder about other people. What makes you want to read a webcomic? The site design? THe art? The genre? Or because it's top10 in the whatchamalit voting list? Hm...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Personally I'm not impressed with Alpha-Shade. Graphics and website (especially website) are top-notch certainly, but the writing is lacking IMO. You don't suddenly start out a story in the middle of a huge war scene and keep it going for 70 pages (so far) without any explanation of background, leaving the reader wondering what the hell is going on. You don't try to superficially dramatize death without building up characters and plot first.

But anyway, what I look for first in a webcomic, as probably is with most people, is an acceptable art level. If I see stick figures, I'll give it maybe five strips/pages to catch my attention. On the other hand, if I see decent art, I might give it a chapter to interest me. If it has AWESOME art (has to be colored, and colored well)...then maybe I'd be more forgiving about the plot just to look at them pretty pictures. But I don't come across those very often (so far I've seen two).

- kyr