Sunday, April 06, 2008

Cooking is Therapeutic

Did I mention that cooking is therapeutic? Had a bout of queasiness today when I was working on the double server outages. What do I do? I cook.

It was actually quite hard when I just got married to learn how to cook for only two people. The portioning and catering to Hub's eating habits was a challenge. I was used to to helping Mom cook for our family of 5 back in Ipoh. Everyone prety much eats what that's shoved in front of them. But Hub's different. He came from a family of Teochew and Hainanese family who's in the restaurant business. So our boy's got a pretty refined palate, if you ask me. :-\

I found the secret formula. He basically loves anything with tofu. So we had Mince with tofu today, spanked up with carrot bits to fool this consummate carnivore. Then the dutiful dish of greens.

Photobucket


Look how lazy we are. We bought a mini ricepot to steam rice. Haw haw haw. Good way to jimat rice and cook just nice for 1 person. (myself on a rice-less dinner diet). :D :D

Photobucket


This is kinda fun, talking to nobody in particular about my cooking escapades. Maybe I'll do this more.

No comments: