Tuesday, October 18, 2005

When words fail me...

Seeking, seeking after God.
Where are you, Lord?
Will I find you in this place?
In this person?

Thirsting, bless my thirsty soul.
Hungering, bless one who is hungry for you.
Looking, wanting the will of God.
Seeking, longing for clarity about God's direction for me.

Resting, sitting quietly, waiting for God to reveal himself.
Knowing, confident that he is seeking me, too.
Seeking me like a coin lost in the recesses of a house.
Seeking me like a wandering sheep on the hillside.
Seeking me like he would a lost son who is trying to find courage to take the first step on the long road home.

My father is seeking me. And I know that if I seek him and he seeks me, we will meet and find each other, and sit down for a long talk.
And, at last, my soul's hunger will be satisfied.

~ Dr. Ralph F. Wilson
http://www.joyfulheart.com/evang/seeking.htm

No comments: