Friday, July 15, 2011

Keluarga Epal

I got myself a MacBook after quitting my IT job. I was using the company laptop for 8 years so I've never actually had a lappie of my own. As KK got a MacBook Pro but missed out on the OS update, I thought getting a MacBook now with that OS update feature would benefit him too. Yours truly ended up with a MacBook White from Sunway Pyramid Machines outlet. The idiot of a salesguy gave me the wrong size Quirky PowerCurl cable coiler.


Photobucket

Seriously, if you're a sales man in Machines and you see an auntie coming in to buy a MacBook, you would assume she might not know that the adapters come in 45W, 60W and 85W. The one I got should go for the 60W one, but Mr. Salesguy gave me the 85W one instead. We only realised we got the wrong one after reaching Seremban and when KK tried to coil the cables into the thingie for me. Aiyo, face palm moment.

I called the store and they said I need to return it on the same day. After huffing and puffing and speaking to the store manager, Gerald, we managed to get him to agree to an exchange from the 85W coiler to the 60W the following week. It's just not possible to make another trip to KL amidst the packing and paperwork runs in the next few days.

Despite the drama, I am happy with the laptop. Learning curve is minimal as hubby is the resident Apple Genius. My only gripe is that the bottom rubber anti-traction layer is too white. It is now dirty with much dragging and pushing of the laptop on the greasy dinner table. Besides that all is good. I don't mind the sharp edges of the laptop. When my wrist start to hurt from resting on 'em edges too long, I am reminded to take a break and take care of my daughter. :D

Then yesterday, we used VLC Player to run a DVD. Halfway running, I noticed the Dock went missing. Nothing in the Setting we changed we could bring it out again. Only by checking and unchecking the 'Hide Dock' option managed to force it out again. Then when I tried opening Adobe Photoshop, it's freaking slow? Initial startup???

Doubting the stability of the OS lol. Please don't flame me.

Hubby has a 'cleaning cloth' fetish. He has a collection of multi-colored multi-fibered multi-textured wiping cloths from various toys (LCDs, Ipod, Ipad, Screen protectors, etc). He keeps wiping my MacBook and insists I need a keyboard protector. Aiyo no need la. Dirty ma dirty lo... wear and tear ma. Otherwise use 10 years also cannot change later.

I am very particular about desktop wallpapers though. Must have T&A. Electra below doing the birthing squat.
Photobucket

My daughter has an 'Epal' from Tesco. I guess this is the good way to encourage the family to support original software.
Photobucket

The Macbook edges are killing my wrists. This tells me it's time to wrap up.

No comments: