Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I damn bored

I don't know what to do after work today. I have a few choices:
1.) Get a haircut
2.) Get dinner
3.) Draw
4.) Get some sleep
5.) walk around in malls, supermarkets, etc
6.) Watch dvds
7.) Freak out, purchase a large carving knife, and carve people

Choice 1 is not wise, as it's still about a month away from Chinese New Year. Getting my hedge trimmed (no dirty thoughts now) too early will cause it to outgrow it's style by February. A waste of perfectly good money. What's more, I haven't dyed my hair. It's currently streaked with silvery strands. Pretty outstanding to have silver hair at 24. In fact, it's in the genes that I'm so partial to premature gray hairs. (gray or silver, whatever lah!) Mom's a platinum-haired babe while Daddy-o's head gone all salt-n-pepper. Even my kid brother is 30% prematurely gray...tragedy lah. Mom was like, "Aiyah, why you want to poison yourself with hairdye?! How many years you wanna keep doing this?!" Well, excuse me Mom, didin't you use to dye your hair purple/mahogany/amber/coffeebrown all these years (until you finally got tired of it and stopped)? Hrrmm.....

Choice 2: "Get Dinner" shouldn't be in the list at all because I'm fasting today. Have been overeating for the past few days that my tummy's been growling and yowling at the food that I try to shove down my throat. So I figure, time to stop all this food-lusting business and start acting like a normal human being. Must not...allow...carnal man....take over.... ACK! ... Yeah, so I'm on a steady undelicious diet of Milo (milok!, as I like it pronounced) and papayas today. Luckily for me, my digestion isn't up and going today and my stomach's been aching all the time. Haven't really experienced any all-consuming shaking cravings yet. But now that it's evening, my body is starting to feel the effects of hunger. My brain is spelunking around, methodically slide-showing me various images of food (!!) served in restaurants that I will pass on my way back. My saliva glands spurts saliva non-stop, like cement factories industriously pumping out toxic wastes into Kinta River. Wah lau eh. I need to muzzle myself before leaving this office I think.

Choice 3, draw? Hm, yeah, I'm bound to do this later at night, when I'm teleconferencing with my analyst in the US. Is supposed to walkthrough some implementation plan tonight. My hands will be on my WACOM tablet, phone receiver firmly stuck between my shoulder+neck, eyes trained on my laptop screen (looking for drawing references) and brain in LaLaLand. Multi-tasking is a strength of mine.

Choice 4 is to sleep. Of course, being the stressed out person who often complain that there is just NOT ENOUGH time in 24 hours, I will not opt for this. My brain tells me that sleeping beyond my usual 7 hours is a waste of time. I need to draw, beat FFX, beat FFX-II, watch TVB serials, clean my room, learn how to bellydance for fitness, train for Mt Kinabalu, read many philosophical books, teach my dog to paint and et cetera et cetera et cetera! I just can't spend my precious minutes by...you know...sleeping. I will only sleep extra when i'm ...well, sick. So there goes Choice 4.

Walking around malls sounds like a great activity. Lepak-ing (loitering) in malls is one of Malaysia's all time favorite pastime. Problem is, I don't care to lug around my DELL Latitude D600 together with me, nor do I want to leave it in the car. Since our first laptop theft incident in the company, I doubt my boss will be so kind as to wave it off like the last time it happened. SFun, my colleague was at a bustop near Heathrow when someone swiped hers...together with her flight tickets and discs. The boyfriend lost his in DamansaraUptown, passports+luggage+OlympusCamedia all frigging gone! T_T And what's more, my company doesn't insure our laptops. No way I'm leaving it in my Kancil. I think my Kancil can open with a piece of floss...>_>

Watching DVDs seems to be a pretty good choice, but I don't have any DVDs that I feel like watching. THe last one, Van Helsing was so scorchingly awful that I had to detox with Japanese Doramas after that. I mean, the people who made the movie didin't even bother to present us ciplak-dvd buyers with a decent storyline that will make me at least, slightly ken cheong (concerned) with the fate of the characters. No character development at all man! I think I witnessed the worst sort of acting from Kate Beckinsale. Her accent was hair-raising and the corset looks painful. Her boobies were all clumped up under her collarbone. Gawd. And don't get me started with Hugh Jackman; THE Hugh Jackman we all adored and drooled over (girls only lah) when he was Wolverine. What the hell's with the wavy Fabio-like hair? Makes me wanna ejek "Amboi, lawanya your ceramic perm!"

Okay, so I guess I'll get myself the carving knife then.

(PS. I'm hungry...)

1 comment:

Shinyu said...

wah lau weh.... you sure damn bored honey

by the way dear, we're 25 this year T_T no more 24 lahhhhhhhh... want to pretend young also not like that lah...

oh yesh, i bought the dorama by naohito fujiki liao :D haven't started to watch yet tho