Friday, November 12, 2004

Headache

Oh my head hurts! X_X Could be caused by the fact that I slept at 1 something yesterday. Actually started playing Wanted. It's just really fun. I love how the developers incorporated small RPG elements into the adventure game with money management, an accumulative inventory, etc. The gameplay is up til now, still crazily non-linear. I foresee several arcade sequences coming up soon, including a shooting game. Luckily, you can cheat by turning down the difficulty by tweaking the mouse-sensitiviy/detail level in the Settings menu. I think that is very flexible for purist adventurers who prefer to not have their clicking accuracy and reflex tested. Surprisingly refreshing. The development of story events are not as complex as Broken Sword III, but still pretty refreshing for adventure games, if you ask me. My only gripe is that the game protagonist, Fenimore Fillmore walks pretty slowly (no running by double-clicking), and the camera is a double-edged sword. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. I need to make Fenimore walk until he hits the edge of the screen to confirm that there's no areas unexplored. Combined with the leisurely pace he keeps, it's enough to drive me a bit nuts. Just a bit though, cuz the areas are not that vast, thank god.

I also bought Return to Mysterious Island and The Polar Express. Oh geez, I should've checked out the reviews before getting the latter. Unknown to me, it's not just a kid's game...it's a SUCKY kid's game, according to some of the reviews I read AFTER getting the game. Man...I hope those guys are wrong. Anyway, I'm still wanting to get the Sims 2 in DVD. 4 CDs to play is just too much. Hope to jump into the bandwagon and start developing ROMB sims T_T I want to see sim Jem kick sim San's ass around. That will be so-oh-oh-oh good.

Well yeah. I need to work on the new page I know. But Shin won't be around to update anyway so no rush for me this week. :p She'll be in Melbourne starting tomorrow. Bon Voyage my leetle webmistress! (come back alive the shoutbox needs extra codes)

1 comment:

Gabeprime said...

Hmm. That Wanted game sounds interesting. I'll look out for that one.

As for Sims 2, yeah, I'd like to see posted pics of ROMB characters in that. :) But you may want to read this:
http://www.livejournal.com/users/ea_spouse/It's in regards to how EA treats their employees. After reading it, I dunno if it now feels right to want to buy EA software. Ah well.