Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Found you again, blog

Unexpectedly, I have gotten into gardening and am recently toying with the idea of documenting the experience. I failed so much that I reckoned it would be fun to read about the anguish 10 years down the road when I'm a master gardener. Then, Pei-son reminded me that I used to have a blog.

So here we are.

Look at all the broken links at the side. Incredible how websites also fold up and die. This place needs a revamp. The profile needs a new picture. I'm not foxy like that anymore har har~

I've learnt how to bake a nice loaf and an OK sponge. Also started serving in Church after a long duration of thinking I'm too important for all that. Humbling but such a good lesson, Lord.

Hope to update more later after I figure out how to use this as a gardening log too. But here's a picture of a newly planted Cucumber seedling of the bush variety, and another area I cleared for sunflowers.
 

My empty backyard (cue: wind blowing through; tumbleweeds)

3 comments:

Unknown said...


Hello,

This is random but do you still write for The Rules of Make Believe webcomic?

I just recently remembered it and looked it up-it still holds up! The story was incredible and the art was lovely. If kept up you guys had something special.

Just throwing that out in the universe that my teenage friends and I used to enjoy the hell out the webcomic. We are all adult but every now and then we talk about the old web comics we used to read.

Ju-Lian said...

Hello C Jo,

I am happy that ROMB left a lasting impression. I still think of wanting to tell stories through comics but life and work drains me so much that I'm basically devoid of any creative energy by nightfall.

I tell myself that I will get back to it when the kids are older. I've seen some webcomic friends who return to their strips later in life. I do hope it will happen for me too.

However I'm not sure if the tech in ROMB is still cutting edge by then. I watched the first Blade runner few weeks back and I cringed. ROMB will be like that too.

But thanks for writing. I receive messages like this from old readers now and then and it keeps prodding me to take it up again. :-)

Unknown said...

Ju-Lian,

Yay, I'm so happy that you responded! It sure did leave an impression! It was so unique-strong female characters, interesting settings and lore, and the tech absolutely still holds up! Gore fusion is such a cool idea!

I know how life gets in the way though, I had an old blog on a different account that got so much traction then when I graduated college, it died. If you guys ever come back and host it on a different website, I will for sure pick it up again!

Good luck and thanks again for the response.