Monday, August 18, 2008

New House and Heartburn

I'm about 19 - 20 weeks pregnant as of today. Morning sickness is gone and I'm eating well. Digestion is tricky and heartburn is always a problem if I slouch in front of a computer for too long. Though it might seem inappropriate, but lying down after dinner is the most comfortable thing for me to do right now.

It's totally hard to get hubby to snap more pictures of my belly. He's just not into taking photos of people I guess. I just hope I have enough pictures to remember by next time. I notice my mother also never had any pregnancy photos of herself. Women probably think they're butt ugly during pregnancy. I don't think so. Pregnancy makes me want to prance around with a bikini showing off my new curves! :D

Funny how the major events in my life seem to come in pairs. Right before we got married, we bought the Setia Alam house. Had to pay for the wedding and dinner as well as to cough out the deposit for the house. And now that our house is complete, we need to prepare for renovation/furnishing as well as running up and down Seremban-KL for maternity checkups with the gynae. Maybe it's lousy planning, but it sure does get things done and over with real quick. Not a bad thing, I'd say, but it sure requires strict budgetting. We're not big savers, at all. You'd know if you look at the toys we got ourselves in the house.


The new house! My heart swells when I look at this.. =)

One of my biggest issues right now is to figure out how to squeeze in all the crap in my apartment into my new house, with minimal furniture purchase and renovation. We're allocating a maximum of 20k for renovation only. That should include Kitchen Cabinets & Fittings, Wiring and Hacking, Grilles and misc whatevers that crop up. Then I realised the mountain of garbage in my store room currently that is waiting to be loaded into a lorry and shipped to my new house in order to start the cluttering anew.


Where in hell do I put all this crap?

There's a space under the stairs that can be converted into a concealed store, but that will required a relook into the budget to see if we could afford it... I'm not in favor of using my downstairs room to put this junk. It's meant to be a computer/reading room and maybe a simple guest room. It gets pretty frustrating sometimes when we can't splurge a cool 50k for the house. We need to keep reminding ourselves that living moderately is the way to go. There is no need to succumb to whims and peer pressure. I know people who can coolly dump 50-80k on renovation. It's insane.

Every now and then I have to take a step back and take deep breaths. I keep telling myself to handle one thing at a time, and most importantly, prioritize. Guess I can't do everything at one go. There's still the Australian Immigration that we're applying. If we really go, there's no point investing too much into the house. That was one of the reasons we scratched the auto-gate installation and the built-in wardrobe. However, as we cook quite a lot, and with the baby coming, we can't pinch pennies with the Kitchen. For that small area, the kitchen designer quoted 11k. Hopefully after customizing it further and pulling out stuff we don't really need, the figure will shrink.

Being an adult is no fun. But thank you Lord for small mercies. My promotion to Manager at work is going to fully cover my maternity expenses. I'm utterly grateful for the work-from-home arrangement our bosses worked out for us. Everyone just comes in to work 2 days a week. It's a wonderful way for people to save time and money.

Yes Jesus. I want to thank you for placing me here in this company. At times I've whined and struggled when the burden of workload is heavy. I've pondered and complained loudly on the purpose of remaining here when I could be earning more outside. I often cry to you that it's not worth persevering. What was I persevering for, I often asked you. But Your hand kept me here all these years. If I've left, I wouldn't have known another company like this. Lord Jesus, they always say that Your Will for me is indeed the best path for me.....Now my heart & soul hums in agreement.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey dearie, you will sure do well as God always provide:)
take care and nice house you got there:)

Gabeprime said...

Hey Ju!

I'm glad to see you and your hubby are both doing well and things are working out the way you wanted it to. I think you may have done the right way of doing things in doing it in one go early.

You may also be right that you shouldn't invest too much in the new house if you have plans to move here in Australia in the near future. You will need lots of savings when you first get here.

Anyway, I pray God will always provide and look after you guys. :)

adriantai said...

hello... have you moved in? i also got myself an Arundina as well. will be moving in sometime in Dec...

just to share... there's a website for the owners and residents. its http://www.setiaalam.net. There's also a forum. :)

Ju-Lian said...

Yep I've moved! Been in the new place for 3 week-1mth already! :)

Yup I'm also a member of SARA!